All the enchanting characters are here: Wilbur, the irresistible young pig who desperately wants to avoid the butcher; Fern, a girl who understands what animals say to each other; Templeton, the gluttonous rat who can occasionally be talked into a good deed; the Zuckerman family; the Arables; and, most of all, the extraordinary spider, Charlotte, who proves to be “a true friend and a good writer.” Determined to save Wilbur, Charlotte begins her campaign with the “miracle” of her web in which she writes, “Some pig.” It’s the beginning of a victorious campaign which ultimately ends with the now-safe Wilbur doing what is most important to Charlotte. This is a beautiful, knowing play about friendship that will give your actors a great opportunity and your audience an evening of enchantment.
- Directed by Morgan Underwood. Student Director Allison Gaw.
- Auditions will take place on January 22, 2019 between 5-8p. Please sign up for a 1 hour audition timeslot. A prepared monologue is recommended but not required, and students should be prepared to read from the script. Parents are requested to attend a brief meeting regarding theatre basics, commitments and parent participation while their child is auditioning.
- Auditions are open to students ages 7-18 provided the child can read independently at a first grade level. Students ages 4-7 should sign up for our Charlotte’s Web Junior Ensemble roles. Children under 8 may be cast at director’s discretion. Please email Artistic Director Sarah Kennedy for consideration.
- There is a non-refundable $5 registration fee to cover the cost of materials in rehearsal
- Parents may opt to pay a production fee in lieu of participating for 15 hours on a production team and working during a performance. This fee is $150 for the first child and $75 for subsequent children, limit $300
- Parents may opt to pre-purchase a block of 10 tickets in lieu of participating in the Ticket Contest for the show. Ticket blocks are $100 per 10 tickets ($120 individually).
- Rehearsals are scheduled based on cast availability. Most characters will attend rehearsal 2-3 days per week. Students may not have to attend all rehearsals.
- Tech and show week is March 24-30, 2019
- Once an audition slot is confirmed, you will receive additional information regarding your family’s potential conflict, parent participation and other important details